Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Experimental Breakfast at Home

For breakfast, I had oatmeal. Special oatmeal.

See, it's getting close to Easter, which means primarily one thing- Cadbury's chocolate eggs are here. I know they're actually disgusting, full of sugar, corn syrup, and other things I rail against. But I love them anyway. They're the one mass-produced candy I can't get enough of, and it's only gotten worse since they started selling them in 4-packs. So, I happened to have about six of them sitting on my counter this morning (including three of their new orange-flavored ones, which are amazing), and I really, really wanted to eat a chocolate egg for breakfast, instead of boring oatmeal.

So I formulated a compromise. I'd heard about people making cupcakes with a chocolate egg in the middle, what about egg in oatmeal?



I broke the egg into a few pieces and placed them on top of my bowl of oatmeal and milk, then microwaved the whole mess until the egg looked melty.



Finally, I mixed the softened eggs into my oatmeal. It looked disgusting.




Not so good in terms of taste, either. The egg gave the milk a nasty fake flavor and almost puddinglike texture, and the oatmeal ended up tasting like watered-down Cocoa Pebbles. Interesting experiment, but not one to be repeated.

1 comment:

Andrea in ABQ said...

OMG, best breakfast experiment of 2009!

Thanks for the chuckle this afternoon... now I shall go eat my first Cadbury Egg of the season.