Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hamburger Fail

No, I actually didn't have a hamburger for lunch.

I've been wanting to try this place for months. Jon had gone a few months back with friends, and raved about how yummy it was. Good god, they make their own hamburger buns, it has to be good. I told him he was sort of lame for not inviting me, but as long as he brought me next time, whatever. It's in an inconvenient location unless we're already downtown, so it's not the sort of place I'd think to go on my own.

Did I mention my darling husband went years without eating red meat, refuses to grill (that's my domain), and regularly eats tofu for dinner? I am the rabid carnivore around here. So one can imagine how thrilled I was this afternoon, after my meal of thawed frozen edamame and a smoothie grabbed on the run, to discover where Jon ate lunch. Again.

I think this qualifies as hamburger fail.

As for MY lunch, meh. Frozen edamame is surprisingly resilient, and I melted a huge pat of butter on top. I'd enjoy anything with that much butter on it. The smoothie came from Jamba Juice, and was possibly the worst smoothie I've ever had there. I love Jamba Juice, but this one was located in a Whole Foods and staffed, er, poorly. They did not have a functional cash register, so when I ordered, the woman wrote a UPC on a slip of paper and sent me off to pay in the grocery line. I was too flustered to remember to tell the woman what sort of vitamin boost I wanted, so I don't think I got one. Or perhaps I did get a protein boost, because the resulting smoothie had that nasty, chalky protein flavor I hate. Also undertones of very spoiled bananas. Yuck.

No comments: