Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Feasts, Yum.

For Christmas dinner, I had turkey, ham, green bean casserole, celeriac remoulade, brie en croute, apple pie, and cherry chocolate bread pudding. I made the celeriac and the bread pudding. The celeriac came out of Keller's Bouchon cookbook, and it was awful. I attribute this to not owning a mandoline- the slices were way too large, so the texture was just wrong- mushy instead of crunchy. The bread pudding was an Emeril recipe, and was also delicious and really easy. It would've been better had I used the three cups of cream called for rather than chickening out and using all 2% milk. My cousin made the green bean casserole (good, but it needed a thicker top layer of onions) and apple pie (yummy). The turkey was a little dry, and not quite as good as the spicy turkey I'd had the night before.

Also worth mentioning is the Christmas Eve party last night. My aunt's family is very sweet, and they alway throw a party with an amazing spread of food, so I try to go when I'm around. I snacked on yummy cranberry-sauced meatballs, the aforementioned spicy southwestern roast turkey, italian cream cake, sugar cookie snowmen, and pinot noir.

No comments: