Monday, September 8, 2008

Arugula at Home


For dinner, I had some arugula with TWO kinds of Annie's natural dressing, THREE kinds of grapes, garlic bread, and a glass of milk.

First, arugula is the best salad green, hands down. Would you trust someone who doesn't like arugula to run this country? I wouldn't. It depresses me that the "red" half of this country is so ignorant and sheltered they will not even TRY this tasty little green. I KNOW they haven't tried it, because if they had, they wouldn't mess with it. Forget 'Don't Mess With Texas', it should be 'Don't Mess With Arugula'. Bumper stickers, anyone?
Learn more about the humble green here

So why two dressings? Elitism? No, just misplaced optimism. I love Annie's Shiitake Vinaigrette, but they had a new cucumber-yogurt flavor I wanted to try too. The cucumber-yogurt tasted like tahini wallpaper paste, so I quickly switched to my fave. The consistency was atypically thin, but the flavor was as yummy as always.

I'd also purchased a mixed pack of grapes, so I enjoyed black, red, and green grapes with dinner. I toasted some rosemary bread with olive oil and garlic to make a tasty garlic bread, which made me miss my old grill. Grilled bread is so much better.

And finally, the milk. My lovely husband informed me this evening that we should not drink so much wine, so I consoled myself with a glass of milk. It is organic (good), but also skim (bad). A nice light vionier would've been so much better.

No comments: