Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shake Shack in Dupont

For lunch, I had a cheeseburger with onions, and frozen custard. The cheese fries were Jon's, I swear.


It was our first experience at a Shake Shack. Thank god we don't live closer, because I'd get even poorer, and start schlumping around like this, despite our awesome Capital Bikeshare memberships:

(We took a breather at the Natural History Museum before lunch)

Or maybe it's what's really going to bring about Judgment Day.
(The subway still contains these awesome ads)

It's like a yuppie version of This is Why You're Fat. Perhaps most illustrative of this, because I don't think you can see how soaked my cheeseburger bun was with grease(butter? animal fat?), is today's frozen custard flavor.

Coffee. And. Doughnuts.

Yes, really. Completely brilliant, and going to kill us all. It consisted of coffee-flavored frozen custard, studded with large chunks of glazed doughnuts. It was as amazing as it sounds.

The burger was also pretty good. Somehow most of the (copious) grease ended up soaked into the bun, or on the surface of the wax paper baggie that held it, rather than on the burger itself. This made it tasty without being truly disgusting.

Although we didn't sample their beer, wines, or other custard creations (I am SO ordering a Washington Monu-mint next time), I wanted to try basically everything on the menu. Like I said, it's a good thing we don't live in the neighborhood.

No comments: