Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Turkey and Arugula- in DC

Ok, so I'm back blogging again. Hopefully permanently. Because I moved to DC, and there's a lot of delicious food here to eat and discuss.

For lunch, I had some arugula and deli turkey, with mint tea. I'm currently jobless, and have found myself grazing rather than eating complete meals. The upside is that I'm not tempted by convenience foods, so things have been relatively healthy during the days. I daresay a little crazy, as well. For example, I had a sweet potato for breakfast, left over from last night. That's just unreasonably healthy.

I also did a little lunchtime cooking by attempting the infamous NYT no-knead bread recipe

(actually, the whole-wheat modification). It turned out puck-like and awful. Exhibit A:


The crumb wasn't much better.

Extremely dense, with a crust that, though quite crispy, is a menace to dental work and unpleasantly dry. Kneading isn't that big of a deal; I'll keep looking for a whole-wheat standby, because this is definitely not it.

No comments: